Bottega Americano, in San Diego’s bustling East Village neighborhood, offers cauliflower in creative places – on top of their delicious pizza and in with their fried calamari!
· The Fennel Sausage Pizza: with cauliflower panna, goat cheese, mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, kale, lemon
· The Mushroom Pizza: with cauliflower panna, fontina, thyme, truffle, caramelized onion
· Calamari Fritti: with cauliflower, lemon, Bottega aioli
Monello in Little Italy offers handmade pastas, gourmet pizzas, and authentic Italian street food including rich bites from the fryer. It’s the perfect place for veggie and fried food lovers alike to get their fix.
· Cavolfiore: fried cauliflower florets, spicy aioli
East Coast Scallops: with farrotto, house cured face bacon, Brussels sprouts, pepitas, cauliflower, preserved lemon
Wood Grilled Cauliflower: golden raisins, mint, serrano aioli, curry vinaigrette
Egg White Toast: cauliflower, broccoli, boursin cheese, kale, pesto, pine nuts, fresh fruit (offered on Weekend Brunch menu
The emphasis at Jsix is on the ingredients and the people who know and grow them, so it’s hardly a surprise that locally sourced cauliflower has a place on the happy hour menu. Their sweet and savory dish is simply delicious and can be guiltlessly paired with a favorite cocktail.
· Apricot Glazed Cauliflower: with blue cheese, shaved pear, walnuts